Why Chiropractic Care
If you’re unfamiliar with chiropractic care, you may be wondering how it can help you. For people looking for relief from pain, or just to improve their overall health, chiropractic care can be incredibly beneficial.
We work to address the source of any issue by working through the nervous system, which in turn benefits every system in the body, including the skeletal and muscular systems and beyond. By removing interferences in the nervous system, the adjustments our doctors make can have long-term positive impacts on your body.
At Health Link, our team takes into account the factors that make your stress unique and provide personalized recommendations and care. We take pride in helping to heal your body and being a partner on your personal wellness journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Children and Family Care
- First Visit
- Health and Safety
- Payment Options
Our goal is offer an exceptional experience to everyone! We know the first visit can come with a variety of feelings and concerns, so we’re ready to explain the process each step of the way.
We respect that you have many choices in chiropractic offices, and by selecting our team you are giving us a tremendous compliment. Thank you for entrusting our doctors and team to be partners in your health journey. We will treat you like family when you walk through our door!
Many practice members share with us that coming to Health Link is one of the best parts of their day! Our caring team will do everything we can to make you feel at home. If it is your first time seeing a chiropractor, you can be comfortable knowing you are in good hands.
Health Link participates with many insurance companies. As a courtesy, we will check your benefits at your first visit.
No insurance? No problem. We are proud to offer discounted plans that will provide you with affordable and quality care. You may also pay-per-visit. Many patients pay directly for care, as they discover chiropractic to be extremely cost-effective and affordable.
Yes! Our focus at Health Link Chiropractic is to actively help you and your family in taking responsibility for your health and wellness. To make living the wellness lifestyle as easy and affordable as possible, we can create a family plan that is customized to you and your family. For children under the age of 16, we offer the special price of $20 for an adjustment. (Please note that this offer cannot be billed to insurance).
Chiropractic care is a conservative approach to achieving an optimal level of health. It has been shown to improve the function of the nervous system and to help place the body in alignment. The chiropractic adjustments made by our doctors address subluxations (areas of joint restriction that cause nerve interference). Over time, you may notice improvements in your body’s systems and an increased feeling of wellness.
Instead of masking symptoms through the use of medications or other means, chiropractors have the ability to restore the body’s natural ability to heal itself when injury or dysfunction arise.
A subluxation is defined by chiropractors as restriction joint motion in the spine, causing nerve interference. Subluxations can occur starting at birth (womb and/or delivery positions) and occur throughout all stages of life. They manifest differently in everyone. For example, a subluxation in the neck may present as neck pain in one person, but in others can manifest as headaches, sinus pressure, or fatigue, to name a few.
An adjustment is what a doctor of chiropractic performs to remove a subluxation. The pressure of an adjustment varies depending on the many factors, including the age of the patient and their history. This can be done with the chiropractors’ hands or an instrument. It is the most powerful tool chiropractors have, and the reason chiropractic care is so effective.
The popping or cracking sound is simply air that is naturally found in your joints. That air is vacuumed inside the joint and, when pressure is applied, you may hear air release from the joint. It is not related to knowing if you had a “good adjustment.” Some people don’t have obvious air releases but still receive effective adjustments.
For some people, the sound is uncomfortable. We are happy to use other techniques, such as instrument adjusting, that can make you more comfortable.
Acupuncture is a natural medicine that has existed for thousands of years. Treatments involve inserting fine, sterile needles into points along pathways of Qi (or energy) found on the surface of the body. In Chinese medicine, illness or dysfunction is a result of blockages or disruption of the flow of Qi. Needling specific points will open the blocks and restore the free flow of energy. This allows the body, mind, and spirit to regain natural function and restores health.
Acupuncture doesn’t just treat symptoms, but the whole person making it a truly holistic medicine for today’s health needs.
Acupuncture is extremely safe. A licensed Acupuncturist uses disposable, sterile needles in accordance with health regulations. Needles are inserted just below the surface of the skin, never deep enough to reach or harm any organs.
There are literally hundreds of conditions, disorders and diseases that acupuncture can effectively treat. Our practitioner will determine if acupuncture treatment is right for you, based upon your symptoms and unique medical history.
Most patients will say no. Acupuncture needles are as fine as a human hair. Sometimes there is a split-second prick sensation as a needle is inserted. Once needles are inserted, patients might feel a slight tingling, warmth, or gentle pressure. Usually, you feel nothing at all. The overall effect is relaxation.
Most patients require between 6 and 10 sessions in order to effectively correct or alleviate a problem. After the symptoms resolve, most patients like to continue treatments for maintenance and well-being.
Wear loose clothing to allow access to acupuncture points. Have a light meal or snack shortly before your treatment.
Proper draping techniques are used by all our massage therapists. Many practice members choose to disrobe and leave their underwear on. There is a sheet that remains at all times over any body parts not being massaged.
Typically, none! Depending on someone’s condition and toxicity levels, there may be some soreness the day after the adjustment. It is simply metabolic waste being released from the body. Drinking additional water and getting plenty of rest will minimize any soreness.
You will receive the full amount of time you have scheduled. Arriving late will reduce that time. We ask massage clients to arrive 5–10 minutes early to have time to update any paperwork, use the restroom, and take a moment to sit quietly. Not rushing maximizes the experience and reduces stress.
Massage therapists will ask you if the pressure they are using is comfortable. Feel free to communicate with them immediately if the pressure is not to your liking.
Yes, please bring a mat with you to class.
We provide some props, such as blankets, blocks, straps and lavender eye packs.
- Yoga is a powerful tool for physical health and mental well-being. Mindful movement linked with breath awareness helps increase strength, flexibility, and balance in the body as well as improving focus in the mind. Our experienced instructors will help you de-stress on your mat so you can optimize your life! Develop strength, flexibility and balance while relieving stress and cultivating focus of the mind for ideal well-being. Classes are beginner friendly while offering progressive options for experienced students. No matter what level you are, everyone can feel rejuvenated and relaxed.
- Kundalini Yoga, known as the yoga of awareness, is a fast and effective way to clear the mind, energize the body, and uplift the spirit. Kundalini yoga classes are a complete physical, mental and spiritual practice that utilizes a dynamic blend of postures (asana), breathing (pranayama), chanting (mantra), mudra (hand position), and meditation that promote balance, health, and happiness. All are welcome!
- Chair Yoga: Open to all, move and breathe while sitting in a chair or using a chair for support in gentle standing postures.The class is perfect for those that want to experience the benefits of yoga but may not be able to participate in a traditional mat yoga class.
Chiropractic is one of the safest forms of children’s health care. The benefits for children are far ranging, including improving nervous system function in children dealing with ear infections, colic, bed wetting, asthma, allergies, frequent colds, injuries, postural challenges, scoliosis, ADD/ADHD and so much more.
We use very gentle techniques to care for children. A chiropractor does not adjust a baby or a child the same way as an adult. The pressure you would use to test a tomato for ripeness is the pressure we use on infants.
Children respond so well to chiropractic adjustments that we often say they are like sponges! Their bodies haven’t had the stresses an adult has had. Some of the happiest practice members in our office are the children.
Birth or as soon as you can get their first spinal check up! An infant can have their first subluxation in the womb. After birth, a child’s spine grows almost 50% in length during the first year of life. These developmental changes make it important for every child to get a spinal check-up.
We want our children to have the best start in life. That includes healthy prenatal care, proper nutrition, and taking the child to a chiropractor to ensure there are no nervous system interferences.
Chiropractors do not treat diseases, they help to correct spinal subluxations that can cause health problems. Through regular adjustments, advising on proper nutrition, exercise, and posture, your chiropractor can help you raise a child who is structurally and functionally healthy.
The number one “illness” in children is everyday falls and accidents. Doctors of chiropractic can correct issues stemming from these accidents, while helping the body to naturally function at its optimum level.
Absolutely. Chiropractors are trained to care for pregnant women, and many women report significant pain relief as a result of chiropractic care. Health Link has special tables and pillows to accommodate a woman in all stages of pregnancy.
Studies report that woman who had regular prenatal chiropractic care experienced decreased labor times by 25-30% and 50% less drugs used during pregnancy. Other positive reports included fewer delivery complications, less back labor pain, improved milk production and reduced likelihood for postpartum depression.
- Tables are cleaned between every patient.
- High contact surfaces are being cleaned many times throughout the day.
- The Health Link team is wearing face coverings during office hours.
- We have acrylic shields at the front desk. There are arrows on the floor to help keep office flow moving in a way to ensure social distancing.
- We have removed some chairs from the waiting areas and placed them in the yoga room.
- Non-contact forehead temperatures will be taken upon entering the office.
- We have altered our appointment schedule to limit wait times. *ALERT the office if you require extra time for a new injury/condition BEFORE your appointment.
- Massage schedule has been altered to accommodate additional cleaning procedures.
- You must reschedule any appointments you have at Health Link if:
- You have had a fever of 100.4 or higher in the past 14 days
- You have had any symptoms of COVID-19 (shortness of breath, cough, fever, chills, sore throat) that you cannot relate to any other health condition in the past 14 days
- You have been in contact with anyone testing positive in the past 14 days and you are not a healthcare worker, first responder or someone using PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Massage and Acupuncture clients MUST wear face masks covering their nose and mouth throughout the entire session. (Governor’s orders- no exceptions as this supersedes his other executive order.)
- *If you have a new injury/condition that requires extra time you MUST alert us before your appointment. Our adjustment appointments times do not allow for additional time for re-evaluation or additional history, and in our efforts to keep people moving in and out of the office, we must know in advance to allow us to stay on time for other patients who are scheduled. If you require extra time without advance notice, we may have to reschedule you for another time.
- Massage schedule – per the Governor’s orders, we are not allowed to perform massage over 60 minutes. We are only offering 30 and 60 minute table massages. (No chair massage.)
- Non-contact forehead temperatures will be taken upon entering the office.
- We ask you to limit bringing people with you that do not have an appointment.
- You are able to wait in your car. Simply call the office and let us know you have arrived and someone will call you when it is time for your appointment.
- We are offering appointments outside of our normal office hours for those in the highest risk group. Simply call the office and make the request and we will do our best to accommodate you.
First Visit Paperwork
To save time on your first visit, you may print and fill out the pre-consultation paperwork beforehand. Click here to download the forms.